Monday, November 24, 2014

Recreating Plimoth Plantation in Minecraft

I will be presenting on the use of Minecraft in the classroom at New Hampshire's 2014 Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference with a day-long Myth, Mystery, & Minecraft — The Magic of Making workshop on Monday and a 90-minute BYOD session on Thursday. As this is such an ambitious endeavor, I've enlisted the help of two Minecraft experts, my boys Hunter and John Ethan. I've just come off of an overnight field trip with my youngest son to Plimoth Plantation in Plymouth, MA. While we were walking through the village, I began to wonder what it would look like if it were created in Minecraft as a walk-through village. I've asked my boys to help me try to craft a landscape and village that will serve as the springboard for a collaborative workshop activity at the conference. My boys are very excited about helping me and my eldest son set up a shared world for the three of us to work on.

I'm not sure how long it will take but follow our journey as we document it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment