Friday, November 28, 2014

Building the Blockhouse

By Ethan Martin ~Son 
Our first building was the fort/blockhouse/chapel. The fort was not as big as I expected when I saw it for myself, but it did seem like it would get the job done. The fort wasn't just used for defense, it was also used for religious purposes. The fort had about four cannons but as you can see in the pictures, it had many windows to fire the cannons from. The reason they had so many windows is because the cannons had wheels so you could move them around. It took at least four men to move the cannons. The fort had large walls surrounding the village so attackers couldn't harm any of the civilians. The last picture you see is a recreation of an actual picture my father took of my class when we went to Plimoth Plantation on the sixth of November. Sadly, we are missing seven people.



No comments:

Post a Comment